SAFETY FIRST at the Rainbow Trails
Riding and carriage-driving in the forest is a wonderful experience but users must observe the following safety rules:
- The forest is a working forest where felling and tree removal take place.
- Be aware that large machinery may be operating in the forest. Keep an eye out for warning signs.
- You MUST follow Warning signs and diversions posted by the Natural Resources Wales (NRW)
- There are 2 properties in the forest. Be aware of possible traffic. There is a 15 m.p.h. speed limit but this may not always be upheld.
- Always tell someone which route you intend to take and your approximate time of return. Although there are a few spots in the forest where you can get a mobile phone signal – do not rely on this as a method of communication.
- Wear hi-viz clothing, so you can be seen easily by other users in the forest.
- Take a map with you always. They are available from the dispenser at Penyffordd Car Park and Hendre.
- Make sure that the routes you are riding are suitable and are open to horse riders.